Tuesday, March 15, 2011

VOLUNTEER CERTIFICATES!! :) AND PHOTOS, JAPAN FUNDRASIING

Hi my dear volunteers of the International Languages Festival,
Thank you very much for all the committed extraordinary work you did during the weekend and also before the festival
You definitely need to collect your well deserved certificates. I will be in the zone in the union everyday this week between 5pm and 7pm so that you can collect your certificates. (If I am not in the zone, I might be in the PC area upstairs. But I will definitely be around the union)

Also I want to put your individual photographs (take individual photos and make a collage out of it) and put it on the website. So I would like to take a group photograph of all the volunteers tomorrow (wednesday) 16th march at 6pm. Please assemble at the zone. Even if you are not able to make it to the group photo session, just drop in any other time 5pm to 7pm any day this week and I will take your individual photo and edit it using photoshop to add it to the bigger photo.

Also I want to make a special appeal for all you people regarding fundraising for Japan. Since we got such a diverese group of student from many different countries, I will be organising a fundraising event next week. I will also be getting in touch with the more than 300 teachers who were involved in the festival.
But before that, I am working on the logisitics of it, getting permission and stuff like that in the union. Talking with RAG, volunteering office etc.
If you are interested in supporing for this cause , please get in touch with me
There is yet another form to fill in :p so that it is easier to manage japan fundraising interested volunteers

Also this idea is still a little bit vague as I need to make sure I get permission.
More details on progress about this will be on a seperate post
Meanwhile keep smiling :)

Cheers,
Srikanth